Hi there, I just tried to decode, and it looks like you are one letter short. When I count you have 13 sets of three letter codes and then two letters(cg)left at the end. It looks like you left one letter off somewhere and it is throwing the whole code off, because the second set of three letter in my transcription is TAT, which is not on the chart for me to translate into a word. Do want to check it and post back, then I can try it again?
i tried to figure it out your sentence doesnt seem to be in order students me time tooth students at think adapt sleep monster sleep monster sleep twist learn
Sean, good attempt to figure out the problem, but it was more than just missing one base (letter). The problem here is that the code was missing the start codon.
J Grajeda, remember that we are imitating the enzyme that is responsible for transcribing and translating DNA. An enzyme will need that start codon to tell it when to start decoding. By leaving them out, Sean (your student enzyme) had no idea where to begin.
I was able to figure it out, but only by trying to decode at different points along the code. It works after the fourth random base. Again, the enzyme won't figure that out. It would decode at all without the start codon.
I've posted my decodes below. The first I just started decoding right from the beginning since I didn't have a start codon to tell me otherwise. The second is after figuring out where the start codon SHOULD have been. Finally, I've included what your DNA should have looked like with the start codon in place.
DNA: ATTGTCATAAGCATTGGTTAGCACCGGCATACCCATCGCCG RNA: UAA CAG UAU UCG UAA CCA AUC GUG GCC GUA UGG GUA GCG GC An eat of about an sit book we good you to you confusing GC
RNA: UAAC (missing AUG) AGU AUU CGU AAC CAA UCG UGG CCG UAU GGG UAG CGGC UAAC (missing start) Ape students learning anthropology dream about the study of natural selection (stop)
DNA (with start codon in place): ATTGTACTCATAAGCATTGGTTAGCACCGGCATACCCATCGCCG
Hi there,
ReplyDeleteI just tried to decode, and it looks like you are one letter short. When I count you have 13 sets of three letter codes and then two letters(cg)left at the end. It looks like you left one letter off somewhere and it is throwing the whole code off, because the second set of three letter in my transcription is TAT, which is not on the chart for me to translate into a word. Do want to check it and post back, then I can try it again?
Hi, I added 4 letters at each end of the code, before & after the start codon and stop codon. Please try again. It should work. Thank you
ReplyDeletei tried to figure it out your sentence doesnt seem to be in order
ReplyDeletestudents me time tooth students at
think adapt sleep monster sleep monster sleep twist learn
Sahib, you need to find another code to decode to earn credit. Sean already decoded this one. Check your email for a list of available codes.
DeleteHi, did you identified the TCA 111 222 333 444 555 666 777 888 999 ATC
ReplyDeleteit's a nine word sentence.
AUU CGU AAC CAA UCG UGG CCG UAU GGG
ReplyDeleteStudents learn(ing) anthropology dream about the study of Natural Selection. Thank you
Sean, good attempt to figure out the problem, but it was more than just missing one base (letter). The problem here is that the code was missing the start codon.
ReplyDeleteJ Grajeda, remember that we are imitating the enzyme that is responsible for transcribing and translating DNA. An enzyme will need that start codon to tell it when to start decoding. By leaving them out, Sean (your student enzyme) had no idea where to begin.
I was able to figure it out, but only by trying to decode at different points along the code. It works after the fourth random base. Again, the enzyme won't figure that out. It would decode at all without the start codon.
I've posted my decodes below. The first I just started decoding right from the beginning since I didn't have a start codon to tell me otherwise. The second is after figuring out where the start codon SHOULD have been. Finally, I've included what your DNA should have looked like with the start codon in place.
DNA: ATTGTCATAAGCATTGGTTAGCACCGGCATACCCATCGCCG
RNA: UAA CAG UAU UCG UAA CCA AUC GUG GCC GUA UGG GUA GCG GC
An eat of about an sit book we good you to you confusing GC
RNA: UAAC (missing AUG) AGU AUU CGU AAC CAA UCG UGG CCG UAU GGG UAG CGGC
UAAC (missing start) Ape students learning anthropology dream about the study of natural selection (stop)
DNA (with start codon in place):
ATTGTACTCATAAGCATTGGTTAGCACCGGCATACCCATCGCCG